About Father MillerRev. Jerry Miller

The Reverend Jerry L. Miller earned a Bachelor’s of Arts Degree from Indiana University in 1972 and a Master of Divinity Degree from Nashotah House (a seminary of Episcopal Church) in 1975.  He has served parishes in Kansas, Illinois, Oklahoma, New York, and Missouri.  He served in the United States Navy from 1966 to 1970, and was a chaplain in the Army National Guard from 1984 until 2005, when he retired with the rank of Colonel.
 
Father Miller was trained in the use of the Myers Briggs Type Indicator (a personality inventory) in 1990, and he received certification in Reality Therapy through the William Glasser Institute in 1995.  He enjoys pastoral counseling and is open to working with people outside the parish.
 
Father Miller has been married to his wife Betty for 28 years. Betty retired from teaching in 2014. Between them, they have four adult children, all of whom are married.
 
 

About Trinity Episcopal Church

Trinity Episcopal Church was founded in 1873 when the Bishop of Missouri, Charles F. Robertson, appointed Father William Johnson as a missionary to the Lebanon area. Bishop Daniel S. Tuttle dedicated the building located at the corner of Harwood and Washington, to the glory of God, on February 2, 1888. Today Trinity is part of the Diocese of West Missouri. Bishop Martin Field is the diocesan bishop and Father Jerry Miller is the priest-in-charge of Trinity.
 
The church was completed within one year after the beginning of construction, at a cost of $1,400. It has been in continuous use as a house of worship ever since. There have been additions, enlargements, and improvements over the years, but the original structure remains essentially unchanged, making it one of the historic buildings in Laclede County.
 
The wife of Father William Johnson gave Trinity’s beautiful altar in 1895, in loving memory of her husband, the first priest in charge of Trinity. The altar has a reredos of unique design, with woodcarvings of intrinsic beauty fashioned of California redwood with oil finish. The reredos was designed to include a stained glass disc window, a gift of the group known then as the Young People’s Society. The window features a jeweled crown of Christ the King placed on the cross of the Suffering Servant.
 
Trinity continues to be a place of worship each Sunday and Major Holy Day. Currently, the Sunday liturgy is at 10:00 a.m.